PRESS Accreditation Policy and Benefits
We are happy to extend accreditation to media professionals and journalists who wish to cover the festival’s programs. A maximum of (2) people per media outlet may be accredited. Additional accreditations will be subject to an accreditation fee.
Accreditation requests must be received by July 6. Accreditation is by no means immediate and is subject to the approval of festival organizers. AAIFF will notify you with details on your credential and access to the festival via email if and when your request is approved. Badges may be picked up at the will call table.
Press Accreditation is offered to a select number of media professionals. We accept requests for Accreditation from freelance journalists and representatives of media outlets who have a professional interest in attending the Festival. Accreditation is granted at the discretion of the Festival, and application is no guarantee of acceptance. Accreditation is granted to individuals and is non-transferable.
With AAIFF’13 Accreditation you will receive an official festival badge providing the following benefits:
- Admission to 16 Regular Admission film screenings–one ticket per show. You will receive and need to fill out a ticket request form after your press accreditation is approved. Your reserved tickets can be picked up at the will-call area. If a film is sold out by the time you submit the ticket request, you may wait in the “Rush Line”, which forms one hour before showtime. Upon seating availability, you may receive a free ticket with your badge.
- Opening, Centerpiece, and Closing Night Presentation admissions can only be granted on the day of the screening. If a film is sold out, you may wait in the “Rush Line”, which forms one hour before showtime. Upon seating availability, you may receive a free ticket with your badge.
- Membership rate for regular priced screenings (this includes the Opening, Centerpiece, and Closing Night Presentation). You will receive this rate when calling the Box Office at 212.989.0017. If there are any must-see shows for you, or if you would like to purchase additional tickets please visit aaiff.org.
Important Festival Dates
- June 21: AAIFF’13 tickets go on sale & Festival Launch Party
- July 23: Press Conference at the Museum of Chinese in America
- July 24: Opening Night Gala
- July 27: Centerpiece Presentation
- August 2: Music Night Out
- August 3: Filmmakers’ Brunch sponsored by SAG-AFTRA & Closing Night Presentation & Awards Ceremony
Please contact Vivian Foung, Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with all questions.
Please Fill Out This Application for Press Accreditation